- Players can sell their cars in the used car dealer (including cars won in duels)
I think this is one of the features we would have liked from the start. We’ve all bought cars we regretted getting as well as not-so-gladly receiving the duel cars. We can finally free up a bit of space and get some money back by selling some cars. Big thumbs up from me.
- Effect of collisions with rocks and trees is now less severe
No more flying a couple of hundred metres just from hitting a pebble. Definitely a good move.
- Instant challenges have been tweaked to exclude very short or very long races
Sometimes I raced in instant challenges with 3 check points, are you for real? At least this won’t happen any more. I think the next move is to chose whether you want off-road or on-road. – it’s very annoying when you get and on-road car and miles and miles of off-road to race.
- New restrictions on MP races (to stop the prevalence of top end cars in all races)
Sometimes you just want to race with an A2 or A3 car, but can’t as other players are using Bugattis. Now we will be able to appreciate other cars, rather than just the super fast Super Sport.
- Koenigsegg CCXR performance tweaked to be competitive with Bugatti Veyrons
Despite what I said above, it is good sometimes to just put the pedal to the metal and bomb it at maximum speed. But, the Veyron had ultimate power in any race, finally it will have a competitor. This will improve the multiplayer aspect of the game as the Koenigsegg will be able to compete.
- Lobby: Club cars are now allowed in multiplayer and solo modes
Previously if you tried to use a club car like the Lotus 11 in a online race, the race wouldn’t start. Now you can use it. This is excellent as clubs will be able to race with exactly the same cars and we will be able to see which club is better with equal cars.
- We scrutinize savegames for specific hacks and take measures when they are detected
If you’ve seen players with $100,000,000 or more, hopefully this will be no more. We want to play this game fairly and to the rules, why should some cheaters get better cars when they’ve hardly played the game?
- Nat info text displayed on the Start screen if a potential network configuration problem is detected
How many times have you got into the game to find out your NAT type is wrong and spent a while trying to connect before realising it’s you bloody NAT type – I certainly have. This is a very welcome feature for me.
- Lobby: « With/Without collisions » info added
It’ll be nice to see who’s quicker without have people ramming to win.
There we go, there’s my views on most of the gameplay improvements. I think most importantly is the reduction in the Bugatti Veyrons dominance. What’s your opinion, leave a comment.